Friday, May 1, 2009

Marc Newson and G-star



Product/industrial design crosses into limited edition fashion.
Marc Newson and G-Star started their collaboration back in 2003 and have now successfully launched five product collections across various seasons. Newson explains how the working relationship with G-Star began. “Essentially the collaboration started because of my contact with Jos van Tilburg, his interest in my work in general and my respect for his business.”The inspiration for this latest collaboration Newson tells us was rather close to home. “The inspiration, as usual was myself! I don’t mean that in an egotistical way, but simply that I am a consumer of clothing just like everyone else. As a designer, I don’t see why I shouldn't be able to have a direct influence on what I wear.

No comments:

Two finger